Frequently Asked Questions
Easy answers to your doubts
Check-in is available from 2pm and check-out should be done until 12 noon promptly.
Guests choosing the Gala Dinner package will have free access to the hotels rooftop firework display.
Our resort has a sea level platform with direct access to the sea
The Hotel has the biggest sea level platform in Madeira Hotels, with direct access to the Ocean and 3 seawater swimming pools.
If booking directly with the hotel we advise you select one of our transfer included packages. If you have arranged your accommodation with a tour operator we can provide a standard transfer at the price of 37.50 Euros, each way. If service is requested during weekends, bank holidays and between 22h00 and 7h00 an additional tax of 20% is applied. In case interested please provide flight number and arrival time. Public bus service: www.ana.pt
The Double room can take up to 2 adults and 2 children from 0-11 years old or 3 adults providing an extra bed. Babies also count to the maximum capacity. Cots are available free of charge.
Internet is free of charge in the rooms and in the public areas.
Restaurants & Bars
The dress code in our restaurants is smart casual. There is no need for jacket and tie except for the Reveillon Gala Dinner where black suit and tie is required.
The Hotel provides gluten free meals, including bread. Please request it while making the reservation and our Executive Chef will be delighted to prepare it for you.
VidaMar Madeira features the Thalasso Sea Spa centre, providing health and beauty treatments. This wellness centre features both wet and dry areas, encompassing 14 rooms for treatments as well as for interior and exterior massage with corresponding relaxing areas. Around them, there is the pool with whirlpool
features, the hot tub, the sauna, the Turkish bath as well as the Contrast Vichy and Scottish showers. The access is for adults only (Guests above 16 years old) and there is a 30€ fee per adult/service.
The access to the wet area of the Thalasso Sea Spa (vitality swimming pool, sauna, hot tub, contrast shower and Turkish bath) has a cost of 30€ per person. We remember that the Hotel also has the Aqua Area with an indoor swimming pool, sauna and hot tub free of charge for all guests.
We do require pre-booking at the Thalasso Sea SPA through the number 00351 291 717 648 or when doing check in at the Hotel. When booking a massage or treatment at the SPA, you have access to the Thalasso Sea SPA wet area: vital swimming pool, sauna, Turkish bath and relaxing area.
The Aquatica Kids World (from 04 to 12 years old) is free of charge. The babysitter service costs 10€ per hour, per child, and pre-booking is required.
Four outdoor pools with sea water (one for children) are available all year round, subject to the weather conditions. Hotel has available the “Aqua Area (indoor heated pool) on a free of charge basis for all the guests.
The access to the outdoor and indoor swimming pool (Aqua Area) are free of charge for our guests.
Our pools have the following measures:
Two Outdoor infinity pools:
Length – 19m | Wide: 13m | Depth: 1.40m | Total: 247m2
Kids pool (outdoor):
Length – 5m | Wide: 5m | Depth: 0,40m | Total: 25m2
Aqua Area: one Indoor pool:
Length – 10m | Wide: 10m | Depth: 1.40m | Total: 100m2
The VidaMar Madeira provides one pool/sea towel per person (adult or child) per day, which works with a towel card system. This card is given on check-in against a €20,00 deposit on the invoice. The card is then exchanged for one towel at the designated area by the outdoor pools. At check-out, the card is returned and the deposit is waived from the invoice. For each card that is not returned, the fee is €20,00.
Our outdoor swimming pools are open to the general public. There’s a fee of 50€ per person/entrance, including sunbed, parasol and towel.
Hotel has the VIDA Health Club with several group classes activities free of charge for our guests, such as hydro gym, body balance, Pilates, dance classes (Zumba, aero dance, salsa) body combat, cycling etc. available all year round. Schedule is set up monthly.
Other In house free sport activities:
Billiards and table tennis and squash.
Hotel may book for you (surcharge) outdoor sport activities such as:
Levada walks, diving, trips, bike rental, stand up paddle and canyoning.
Yes! The resort even received the official “Clean & Safe” seal attributed by the Portuguese Tourism Board, due to efforts made in the hygienization of all spaces of the resort and the protection offered to our guests.
Beyond these measures, on November 25, 2021, the Portuguese Council of Ministers determined a reinforcement of the security measures, from December 1, 2021 on, making it mandatory to:
- Present a negative test on arrival in Portugal (antigen test done 48 hours before boarding or PCR test done 72 hours before boarding), even if you have a Digital Certificate. Self-tests are not valid.
- Present an EU Digital Certificate (vaccination certificate, testing certificate or COVID-19 recovery certificate) when accessing: tourist and local accommodation establishments, restaurants, events with marked places and gyms. If you do not have an EU Digital Certificate, you can alternatively present: test with negative result (antigen test carried out 48 hours before boarding or PCR test done 72 hours before boarding), vaccination certificate attesting to the complete vaccination schedule with the vaccines currently recognized (Janssen, AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria, Moderna/Spikevax, Pfizer/BioNtech: Comirnaty);
- Present a negative test when accessing: clubs and bars, large events without marked seats or in improvised venues and sports venues.
On December 21, 2021, a new reinforcement of the preventive control measures was announced, to mitigate the risks potentially associated with this season. Thus, additionally making it mandatory to:
- From midnight December 25th until January 10th, 2022 – Present a negative test for accessing hotels, tourist establishments and local accommodation, weddings and baptisms, as well as corporate events;
- For the Christmas and New Year periods (December 24th and 25th, 30th, 31st of December and January 1st):
– Mandatory presentation of a negative test for access to restaurants, casinos and New Year’s Eve parties;
– Gatherings of more than 10 people on public roads on New Year’s Eve are banned;
– The consumption of alcoholic beverages on public roads is banned as well.