To allow us to use the features or to optimize your browsing experience on our website madeira.vidamarresorts.com, we send small files, called cookies, on your computer or mobile device.
By using this website, you agree that we may place these cookies on your computer or mobile device under the terms and for the purposes mentioned below.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small information files that are stored on your computer or mobile device through the browser. These files allow the website to “remember” for a certain period, your actions, and preferences, such as the username, the language chosen, the size of the characters and other display settings. Therefore, when you go through the pages of a website or return to a website you’ve visited you do not have to re-indicate your preferences again.
What are the Distinct Types of Web Cookies?
Cookies are classified by their life cycle and their domain. As far as the cookie´s life cycle is concerned there are 3 (three) types of cookies:
- Persistent Cookies: are cookies that remain in the user’s browser for a certain length of time after the user leaves the website unless the user deletes them.
- Session Cookies: are temporary cookies that remain in the user´s browser only during the website visit, disappearing as soon as the user leaves the website. As far as the domain is concerned, the cookies can be:
- First-party Cookies: are cookies sent to the user’s terminal equipment from an equipment or domain managed by VidaMar Hotels & Resorts and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party Cookies: are cookies sent to the user’s terminal equipment from an equipment or domain that is not managed by VidaMar Hotels & Resorts but by another entity that handles the data collected through the cookies.
Which Cookies do we Use?
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: allow the user to browse our website and use its applications and functionalities, as well as the access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services you want to use might not be provided. These cookies can’t be disabled.
- Analytic Cookies: are used anonymously for the purpose of creating and analysing statistics related to the use of the website, to improve the functioning of the website.
- Functionality Cookies: They keep user preferences as far as using the website is concerned, so it will not be necessary to reconfigure the site each time you visit it. For example, they avoid entering a username each time they access it.
- Advertising Cookies: Target advertising based on the interests of each user, limiting the number of times you see an ad, helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising and the success of the organization of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website contains links or references to other sites. Please note that we do not control cookies from other websites, and do not apply to this Cookies Policy.
Buttons for Social Networks
How to Manage Your Cookies?